- Significant experience required – strategic through to operational
- Major Hazard Facility and practical background required
- Great organisational culture and company, just waiting for your value add
Our client prides themselves on a collaborative and engaged workforce and require an experienced (MHF/Industrial) Senior Safety Manager to assist them.
Our client is a leading NZ manufacturer whose primary explosives manufacturing, storage and logistics operation is based south of Auckland.
Supplying a full range of products for underground and open pit mining operations in NZ, they are a leading provider of blasting services for quarries, mines and construction sites.
Placing emphasis on the value of their people, clients and all those who are affected by its undertaking, they have a collaborative and engaged workforce, with an excellent organisational culture.
You will be responsible for providing clear leadership as well as functional and practical support.
With Major Hazard Facility experience and a strong Health and Safety systems and process brain, you will also have excellent interpersonal and engagement skills.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to and delivery of all disciplines that fall under the area of Health and Safety including systems, processes and operational management.
The key responsibility will be to lead the company’s need to meet quality, safety and major hazard facility regulatory requirements and the ongoing future management of these functions in a sustainable manner.
Skills and experience requirements include
Relevant tertiary qualification (minimum Diploma level)
- Significant industrial/technical Health and Safety experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillset
- Auditing experience and qualification
- Proficient in MS Office
- Solid understanding of legislation, including MHF and HSNO
- Outcome focussed and a natural problem solver
- Motivating, mentoring and engaging personality
- Practical by nature, with solid ability at leadership level
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2769.