- Support the delivery of organisational wide Health, Safety and Wellbeing initiatives
- Drive best practice and continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop a proactive, embedded Health and Safety Culture
Seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Health and Safety Advisor, to provide strategic and operational advice, working towards a proactive safety culture.
A high-profile state sector organisation is seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Health and Safety Advisor, to provide strategic and operational advice, working towards a proactive safety culture.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a challenging and diverse environment. Operating at a national level, within a high-risk government department, assisting with the development and implementation of a proactive and positive safety culture.
Our client is a core part of the NZ security, managing border control, protecting the national community and aiding international trade and travel.
As a Senior member of the health and safety support team, you will be responsible for providing support in the delivery of organisational wide Health, Safety and Wellbeing objectives. This involves monitoring risk and coordinating action, developing and delivering initiatives and contributing to the ongoing improvement of safety performance. Crucially you will engage at all levels of business, driving culture change.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need an in-depth understanding of current legislation with a proven track record at senior advisor level. You’ll be accustomed to functioning in a highly operational, diverse environment.
Influential and proactive by nature, you will be solutions focussed and outcome orientated, keen to make a difference to the health, safety and wellbeing of all who enter the workplace.
- Provide a high standard of support to key stakeholders and operational leads
- Drive Health, Safety and Wellbeing engagement at all levels
- Develop best practice initiatives, creating a continuous improvement environment
- Provide for the development of a proactive safety culture through ownership and accountability by all
- Support the HSW Manager in the development and delivery of the health, safety and wellness strategy
- Provide input into training plans
- Coach and mentor people leaders, supporting them to manage HSW
- Ensure all investigations and audits are undertaken in a professional manner and reviewed to ensure effective reporting and monitoring
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification in occupational health and safety
- Extensive knowledge of current legislation
- Experience developing safety and wellbeing culture
- Proactive and positive personality
- Superior relationship management, influencing and engaging
- Excellence in problem solving and providing resolution
- Well-developed communication and computer skills
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
To be eligible for this role, you need to have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency or be a NZ Citizen.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on 09 281 2724 quoting reference #2747.