- Wiri location – opportunity to influence long term culture change
- Leading FMCG Company
- Competitive salary with potential for future growth
Our client has an innovative and energised culture and truly cares about their people. Seeking a Senior HSA who can genuinely influence and support.
This is an exciting position in a manufacturing organisation where you can feel the buzz when you walk into the reception area and this continues throughout the site.
The position is based in Wiri and will report to the GM of Health and Safety, who is fully committed along with the rest of the Senior Leadership Team to the safety and wellbeing of the workforce and its key stakeholders.
This is not an ordinary position, the safety culture has shifted considerably towards a more proactive and positive approach over the last couple of years and the business is keen for this to continue.
You will take ownership and provide Health and Safety advice, guidance, support and coaching at all levels of the business.
Proactive engagement ensuring health and safety remains a key focus, delivery of the Health and Safety strategy and ensuring compliance to all relevant legislation and local requirements.
This is key role, supporting and role modelling the desired behaviours across the board and ensuring a good level of engagement and understanding throughout the business.
You will have clear vision and foster continuous improvement in all activities.
You will partner with Departments and Managers to develop their Health and Safety knowledge and work closely with operations to ensure continued success.
Continue to develop relationships with third party providers and external key stakeholders to the business, also taking care of the auditing and monitoring functions, including proactive management of health, safety and wellbeing, using lead indicators for success.
- Provide solid leadership and demonstrate enthusiasm and a passion for Health and Safety
- Support the GM of Health and Safety in the delivery of the safety strategy and operational plans
- Subject matter expert – advise, guide, support and coach managers and staff at all levels
- Identify, investigate, assess and manage from a risk perspective
- Report and communicate relevant information including safety alerts
- Plan, develop and deliver training or coordinate as required
- Ensure a sustainable return to work/rehabilitation program is in place, provide support and advice as required
Skills and experience
- Excellent and enthusiastic communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Genuine about people and keeping them safe
- Outcome focussed – keen to succeed, great energy and drive
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Proven ability to influence at all levels
- Tertiary Safety Qualifications (minimum NEBOSH IGC level preferred)
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via apply button.
If you have a Seek account you can apply via Seek – Click here
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Candidates must meet the immigration eligibility criteria to apply for this role – we welcome applications from returning Kiwis and those with the right to work.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #2738.